Under occasional supervision, performs specialized activities including but not limited to: Project management, Existing Industry Outreach and Workforce Development, assisting the Executive Director in executing efficient and effective operations of the Clarendon County Development Board, and other duties as assigned. This Person will also act as the Assistant Director in the Director’s absence or upon assignment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists with budgetary planning, balancing, reporting and budgetary projections
- Assists Executive Director in gathering data and preparing presentations
- Provides assistance as determined by the Executive Director necessary to ensure smooth and orderly operation of the Development Board on a day-to-day basis
- Provide support and creative leadership to staff in the implementation of marketing initiatives, communications, digital and multi-media and Existing Industry program:
- Industry Survey
- Promotion of Industry and their needs
- Coordinate education needs for Skilled and unskilled workforce
- Summarize Survey results
- Support Legislative needs
- Support Industrial Association Programs
- Coordinate “Aid To Industry” Projects- signage, landscaping, litter
- Focus on Existing Industry Needs - workforce improvement initiatives
- Plans and coordinates all industry lunches, office breakfast and lunch meetings, and any special events, such as ground breakings, grand openings, announcements, etc.
- Social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter.
- Assist with press release and new industry announcements.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the business and or a combination of office experience, project management, economic development, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and experience needed for the position. Must present a positive, professional image. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.